Friday, March 2, 2012

Good bye to Denny.

                                                                                                                                                                            

My heart is heavy as I tell you that we had to say good bye to Denny earlier this week. He was a feral cat that we rescued in 1999.  Oh the stories I could tell about this little guy! My cross stitch pattern adaptation of "The Cat Burglar" by artist Will Bullas was done during the time that he came into our life. It suited him "purrfectly" as he literally stole my heart! His life was not easy before we rescued him as his right back leg had been broken in 2 places and he walked with a limp. But he was a strong little guy. Two years ago to the day he died, he was diagnosed with diabetes and  had insulin shots twice a day from then on.


Many of you know him from his Hopscotch quilt which became "Denny's Hopscotch Quilt" so I wanted to share this news with you. He is missed greatly!



Good bye Denny! We love you!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. I had to put down my 14 year old cat that had diabetes in 2010. They live on in our hearts and our memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you & your family. I hope you are flooded with happy memories of Denny to get you through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad with you Brandy . I know how hard it is to lose one you love so very much . Try to remember all of those happy moments ....You will be in my prayers ♥♥Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sad time for you, Nan. I'm very sorry for your loss. Denny was a very handsome fellow and a lucky guy to have found you.

    ReplyDelete